Fiona practises primarily in commercial law, with a particular focus on building and construction, complex commercial and taxation matters. Fiona also has experience in white collar criminal and civil fraud matters.
Fiona's recent matters include:
- Acting for a public water authority in relation to a large-scale dispute concerning the design and construction of a recycled water treatment plant (ongoing, with Nick Hopkins QC and Kieren Naish, instructed by Corrs Chambers Westgarth)
- Advising in relation to international arbitral proceedings under Singaporean and Australian law concerning an LNG project (with Jeff Gleeson QC and Katie Stynes)
- Acting on behalf of the Plaintiffs in Adaz Nominees Pty Ltd & Ors v Castleway Pty Ltd & Anor  VSC 578 in relation to a contractual dispute also raising issues of estoppel, alleged breaches of directors' duties and conspiracy, in a subsequent reference to an accounting Special Referee and before the Victorian Court of Appeal (ongoing, with Rodney Garratt QC and Philip Solomon QC during interlocutory proceedings, instructed by Maddocks Lawyers)
- Assisting in the preparation of witness statements in relation to an arbitration concerning the construction of a landfill cell (with Hugh Foxcroft QC and Toby Mullen)
- Drawing documents in response to Applications for Special Leave to Appeal in Sandini Pty Ltd & Ors v Ellison & Ors  HCATrans 190 (with Helen Symon QC) and Living and Leisure Australia Pty Ltd v Commissioner of State Revenue  HCATrans 56 (with Chris Horan QC)
- Acting on behalf of the Applicant in Andrew Watson as trustee for the Murrindindi Bushfire Class Action Settlement Fund v Commissioner of Taxation  FCA 228 (with David Bloom QC and Daniel McInerney, instructed by PwC)
- Appearing on behalf of the Commissioner of Taxation in applications for review under Part IVC of the Taxation Administration Act 1936 before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- Acting on behalf of both the Commissioner of Taxation and taxpayers in relation to transfer pricing disputes
- Acting on behalf of a ships agent in relation to domestic litigation arising out of an international cargo dispute
Before joining the Bar, Fiona was Associate to the Honourable Justice Pagone of the Federal Court of Australia, assisting his Honour in a wide range of commercial and public law matters. Prior to this, Fiona was an Associate at the Supreme Court of Victoria to Justices Davies, Bongiorno and Hargrave, where she assisted in matters in the commercial trial division and in criminal and civil appeals. Fiona was previously employed by Crawford Legal, an Adelaide-based boutique commercial and construction law firm.
Fiona is a Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (International Arbitration), and has been recognised in Doyle's Guide to Leading Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Junior Counsel.
Fiona is also a member of William Forster Chambers in Darwin. She is available to accept briefs throughout Australia and internationally.
Please see Fiona's CV for more details and a selected list of recent appearances.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 +61 3 9225 6213
Email [email protected]
Chambers: Room 2113
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Banking & Finance
Bankruptcy Law & Insolvency Law
Building Law & Construction Law
Competition Law & Consumer Law
Corporations Law & Securities Law
Insurance Law & Professional Negligence Law
International Commercial Law
Energy Law & Resources Law
Environmental Law & Planning Law
Private International Law
Tax Law & Revenue Law
Capital Gains Tax
Goods & Services Tax
International Tax Law & Revenue Law
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
10 Dec 2013
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
30 Apr 2015
LLM, LLB (Hons), GDLP, MCIArb
Also Entitled to Practise in
All Australian States and Jurisdictions
Tax Bar Association