Nick practises in commercial, admiralty and maritime, cross-border insolvency, insurance and private international law. He is recognised in Doyle’s Guide as a leading junior counsel in Transportation.
Before coming to the Bar, Nick worked in the chambers of the Honourable Chief Justice Allsop of the Federal Court in the role of NCF Registrar and Admiralty Marshal.
Some recent matters in which Nick has been briefed include:
- Zetta Jet Pte Ltd v The Ship "Dragon Pearl"  FCAFC 99 and (No 2)  FCAFC 132 (application for special leave refused) for the Respondent (led by Angus Stewart SC);
- Swashplate Pty Ltd v Liberty Mutual Insurance Company t/as Liberty International Underwriters  FCAFC 137 (led by Nicholas Owens SC);
- Knights Quest Pty Ltd v Daiwa Can Company  VSCA 349 for the Appellant (led by Ron Merkel QC);
- Muto v Shepparton City Council  VSCA 73 for the Appellant (led by Jeremy Twigg QC);
- BMV16 v Minister for Home Affairs  FCAFC 90 for the Appellant (led by Matthew Albert);
- Re Sportshero Ltd; Ex Parte Sportshero Ltd  WASC 108
- Guardian Offshore AU Pty Ltd v Saab Seaeye Leopard 1702  FCA 273 (led by Ed Cox SC);
- Mannassen Foods v Seaway Logistics  VSC 835 (led by Matthew Harvey SC);
- In the matter of Senvion Gmbh  FCA 1124, (No 2)  FCA 1732; (2019) 140 ACSR 20 and (No 3)  FCA 1348 (led by Stewart Maiden QC);
- King (Trustee), in the matter of Zetta Jet Pte Ltd v Linkage Access Limited  FCA 1979 (led by Angus Stewart SC);
- Technology Swiss Pty Ltd v Famous Pacific Shipping (Vic) Pty Ltd  VCC 1542;
- Talias & Anor v Kioupelis & Anor  VCC 1920;
- Admiralty and maritime and cross border insolvency proceedings including arrest, damage and environmental damages issues;
- Insurance matters including marine insurance policies; and
- Corporate oppression proceedings and other matters arising under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
Nick holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Melbourne and a Bachelor of Arts with Honours from the University of Western Australia.
Nick read with Rob Craig SC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 +61 3 9225 7928
Email [email protected]
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Banking & Finance
Bankruptcy Law & Insolvency Law
Building Law & Construction Law
Civil Procedure Law
Competition Law & Consumer Law
Corporations Law & Securities Law
Insurance Law & Professional Negligence Law
International Commercial Law
Property & Probate
Energy Law & Resources Law
Equity & Trusts
Public International Law
Private International Law
Conflict of Laws
Choice of Law / Jurisdiction
Admiralty Law / Maritime Law
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
23 Jun 2015
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
26 Oct 2016
BA(Hons) (UWA), JD (Melb)