Jane practises in commercial law and regulatory matters.
Before coming to the Bar, Jane was a solicitor at Allens. Her experience at Allens included a one year secondment to Ford Motor Company, where she assisted with class action proceedings and ACCC litigation.
Jane is currently completing a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne. She has a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours and a Bachelor of Commerce, both from Monash University.
Some matters in which Jane has been briefed are set out below.
Construction and environmental law
- Acting for the Transurban parties in the West Gate Tunnel Project dispute, including Transurban WGT Co Pty Ltd v CPB Contractors Pty Limited  VSC 476, an injunction application in relation to an arbitration concerning the project. Led by Bret Walker SC, Michael Roberts QC, Jonathon Moore QC, Tim Breakspear and Liam Connolly. Instructed by Herbert Smith Freehills.
- 1155 Nepean High Pty Ltd v Promax Buildings Pty Ltd  VSC 398: judicial review of an adjudication determination under the security of payment legislation. Led by Jeremy Twigg QC. Instructed by Minter Ellison.
- Total Construction Pty Ltd v V & K Engineering Pty Ltd, County Court: claim against subcontractor for liquidated damages and rectification works. Matter resolved before trial. Instructed by Crafers Law.
Competition and consumer law
- Clinical Laboratories Pty Ltd v 4Cyte Pathology Pty Ltd and MyClinic Prahran Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: dispute regarding restraint of trade clauses in commercial leases. Matter resolved before trial. Led by Peter Collinson QC and Christopher Archibald. Instructed by Gilbert + Tobin.
- Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd v Eltech Industries (a partnership) and Eltech Global Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: dispute regarding consumer guarantees and alleged misleading or deceptive conduct. Matter resolved before trial. Led by David Batt QC and Daniel Aghion. Instructed by Colin Biggers & Paisley Lawyers.
- Assisted with the ACCC’s review of the Sydney Transport Partners Consortium’s proposed acquisition of WestConnex. The proposed acquisition was approved. Instructed by Webb Henderson.
General commercial law
- UIL (Singapore) Pte Ltd v Wollongong Coal Limited and others, Federal Court: claim regarding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Led by Matthew Harvey QC and Kylie Weston-Scheuber. Instructed by Clyde & Co.
- Mega and Mega v WW Property Development Pty Ltd and others, Supreme Court: claim for contribution in relation to an alleged co-guaranteed debt. Counterclaim includes claims for monies had and received, and breaches of restraints of trade. Led by Daniel Aghion. Instructed by Hall & Wilcox.
- WW Property Development Pty Ltd v Venture Homes Pty Ltd and Registrar of Titles, Supreme Court: application to remove caveats from titles for two parcels of land on the basis that the underlying loan agreements were not enforceable against the land owner. The requested orders were made. Instructed by Hall & Wilcox.
- M C Wholesaling Pty Ltd and Australia Productions Pty Ltd v Ming Che and others, Supreme Court: claim for breach of fiduciary obligations owed by contractors in relation to a wholesaling business. Led by Daniel Aghion. Instructed by H & H Lawyers.
- Tangen Investments Pty Ltd v Z & L Property Management Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: winding up application where defendant had failed to comply with a statutory demand and sought to prove it was solvent. Application to prove solvency was not successful and the defendant company was wound up. Instructed by Align Law.
Jane read with Albert Dinelli and her senior mentor is Penny Neskovcin QC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 +61 3 9225 7712
Email [email protected]
Chambers: Room 1503
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Bankruptcy Law & Insolvency Law
Building Law & Construction Law
Civil Procedure Law
Competition Law & Consumer Law
Corporations Law & Securities Law
Insurance Law & Professional Negligence Law
Environmental Law & Planning Law
Equity & Trusts
Public Law & Administrative Law
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
12 Nov 2013
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
26 Oct 2017
LLB (Hons), BCom