Jane practises in commercial and public law. She is particularly interested in competition and consumer law litigation.
Prior to coming to the Bar, Jane was a solicitor at Allens and worked on a broad range of commercial disputes. She was also seconded to Ford Motor Company for one year, where she assisted with class action proceedings and ACCC litigation.
Jane is currently completing a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne. She has a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours and a Bachelor of Commerce, both from Monash University.
Matters in which Jane has been briefed include:
Competition and consumer law
- Clinical Laboratories Pty Ltd v 4Cyte Pathology Pty Ltd and MyClinic Prahran Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: led by Peter Collinson QC and Christopher Archibald SC (dispute regarding restraint of trade clauses in commercial leases)
- Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd v Eltech Industries (a partnership) and Eltech Global Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: led by David Batt QC and Daniel Aghion (dispute regarding consumer guarantees and alleged misleading or deceptive conduct)
- Assisted with the ACCC’s review of the Sydney Transport Partners Consortium’s proposed acquisition of WestConnex (merger authorisation)
Property and construction law
- Roth Morgan Kolomanski Pty Ltd v Candlebrush Investments Pty Limited, Supreme Court: led by Jeremy Twigg QC (property development dispute)
- Alphington Developments Pty Ltd v Amcor Limited, Supreme Court: led by Daniel Aghion and Georgia Douglas (property development dispute)
- Total Construction Pty Ltd v V & K Engineering Pty Ltd, County Court: unled (dispute between contractor and sub-contractor)
- Ausbuild Construction Pty Ltd v Safety Glass Pty Ltd t/a Melbourne Safety Glass, VCAT: unled (dispute between contractor and sub-contractor)
General commercial law
- Deputy Commissioner of Taxation v Tricore Matrix Pty Ltd; Deputy Commissioner of Taxation v Tricore Management Pty Ltd, Federal Court: unled (insolvency law)
- Lakshmanan Chinnasamy v Jonathan Arulnayagam t/a Riks Mahal, Fair Work Commission: unled (unfair dismissal)
- Wardrop-Brown v OnShelf Pty Ltd and Adam Vella, VCAT: unled (start-up dispute)
Jane read with Albert Dinelli and her senior mentor was Penny Neskovcin QC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 (03) 9225 7712
Chambers: Room 1525
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Energy Law & Resources Law
Equity & Trusts
Industrial Relations Law & Employment Law
Inquests, Inquiries, Tribunals & Commissions
Public Law & Administrative Law
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
12 Nov 2013
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
26 Oct 2017
LLB (Hons), BCom