Jane practises in commercial law and regulatory matters.
Before coming to the Bar, Jane was a solicitor at Allens. Her experience at Allens included a one year secondment to Ford Motor Company, where she assisted with class action proceedings and ACCC litigation.
Jane is currently completing a Master of Laws at the University of Melbourne. She has a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours and a Bachelor of Commerce, both from Monash University.
Some matters in which Jane has been briefed are set out below.
Competition and consumer law
- Clinical Laboratories Pty Ltd v 4Cyte Pathology Pty Ltd and MyClinic Prahran Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: dispute regarding restraint of trade clauses in commercial leases (led by Peter Collinson QC with Christopher Archibald)
- Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd v Eltech Industries (a partnership) and Eltech Global Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: dispute regarding consumer guarantees and alleged misleading or deceptive conduct (led by David Batt QC with Daniel Aghion)
- Assisted with the ACCC’s review of the Sydney Transport Partners Consortium’s proposed acquisition of WestConnex
Construction and property law
- Transurban WGT Co Pty Ltd v CPB Contractors Pty Limited  VSC 476: injunction application in relation to an arbitration concerning the West Gate Tunnel project (led by Bret Walker SC, Michael Roberts QC, Jonathon Moore QC, with Tim Breakspear and Liam Connolly)
- 1155 Nepean High Pty Ltd v Promax Buildings Pty Ltd  VSC 398: judicial review of an adjudication determination under the security of payment legislation (led by Jeremy Twigg QC)
- Total Construction Pty Ltd v V & K Engineering Pty Ltd, County Court: claim against subcontractor for liquidated damages and rectification works
- WW Property Development Pty Ltd v Venture Homes Pty Ltd and Registrar of Titles, Supreme Court: application to remove caveats from titles for two parcels of land on the basis that the underlying loan agreements were not enforceable against the land owner
- Mega and Mega v WW Property Development Pty Ltd and another, Supreme Court: claim for contribution in relation to an alleged co-guaranteed debt (with Daniel Aghion)
- Tangen Investments Pty Ltd v Z & L Property Management Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: winding up application where defendant had failed to comply with a statutory demand and sought to prove it was solvent
- Archiblox Pty Ltd v Groundmaster Engineering Pty Ltd, Supreme Court: application to set aside two statutory demands
Jane read with Albert Dinelli and her senior mentor is Penny Neskovcin QC.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 +61 3 9225 7712
Email [email protected]
Chambers: Room 1503
Owen Dixon Chambers West
525 Lonsdale Street
Bankruptcy Law & Insolvency Law
Building Law & Construction Law
Civil Procedure Law
Competition Law & Consumer Law
Corporations Law & Securities Law
Insurance Law & Professional Negligence Law
Equity & Trusts
Public Law & Administrative Law
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
12 Nov 2013
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
26 Oct 2017
LLB (Hons), BCom