Dan practises predominantly in commercial litigation, insolvency, estate litigation and property disputes in family law proceedings.
He completed his law degree at Melbourne University and also holds a BA and GDLP from the ANU. Prior to coming to the bar, Dan was a judge’s associate in the Supreme Court of Victoria. He is a Legal Officer with the Royal Australian Army Legal Corps and is on the DDCS advocacy panel.
Dan accepts direct briefs from in house counsel and accepts briefs to appear in Ballarat, Gippsland and the North East. Dan has also appeared in proceedings in the Republic of Vanautu.
Dan appears and advises in the following matters:
- Acting for third parties in family law proceedings including bankruptcy trustees and unsecured creditors.
- Appropriate Forum contests.
- Property matters involving aspects of commercial, trusts and corporations law.
- Advising bankruptcy trustees and other interested parties on likely outcomes of family law proceedings. Applications for the removal of caveats in family proceedings.
Estate and Property
- TFM and trusts, including proceedings involving elder abuse
- Summary proceedings for the recovery of property
- Claims to set aside joint tenancy.
- Superannuation Disputes
Commercial and Insolvency
- Contractual disputes and claims made under the ACL.
- Claims in equity and property including removal of caveats.
- Debt proceedings
- Setting aside statutory demands
- Recovery of preferences by liquidator
- Oppression claims under the Corporations Act.
Dan is actively involved in legal education and has taught in the Masters of Legal Practice program at the ANU and continues to teach the Legal Practice Management subject in the JD program at RMIT.
Member of the Commercial and Family Law Bar Associations and is treasurer of the Military Bar Association.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation. The information referred to above has been supplied by the barrister concerned. Neither Victorian Bar Inc nor the barrister's clerk have independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and neither accepts any responsibility in that regard.
PH +61 3 +61 3 9225 6777
Email [email protected]
FAX +61 3 9225 6355
Chambers: Room 1322
460 Lonsdale Street
Banking & Finance
Bankruptcy Law & Insolvency Law
Civil Procedure Law
Competition Law & Consumer Law
Corporations Law & Securities Law
Insurance Law & Professional Negligence Law
Property & Probate
Confiscation of Assets
Corporate / White Collar Crime
Crimes Against the Person
Proceeds of Crime
Equity & Trusts
Wills & Probate
Property & Probate
Testator's Family Maintenance
Wills & Estates
Superannuation Complaints Tribunal
Admiralty Law / Maritime Law
Admitted to the Legal Profession:
13 Mar 2012
Signed Victorian Bar Roll:
27 Mar 2015
JD (Melb); BA GDLP (ANU)
Also Entitled to Practise in
All Australian States and Jurisdictions
Military Bar Association